Constantin Ε. CHALIORIS
Dr Civil Engineer, Associate Professor
Democritus University of Thrace - School of Engineering - Department of Civil Engineering
Structural Engineering Division - Reinforced Concrete and Seismic Design of Structures Laboratory
· June 1993: Diploma in Civil Engineering (5-year course), School of Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace (DUTh), Greece. Grade: 8.37 (84%).
· Nov. 1999: Postgraduate Specialization Diploma (M.Sc.) in Structural Engineering (one-year course) entitled: “New Materials and Technologies for the Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures”, Department of Civil Engineering, DUTh. Grade point average: 9.10 (91%).
· Feb. 2000: Doctoral Diploma (Ph.D.) in Civil Engineering, DUTh. Dissertation title: “Study of the Behaviour and the Failure Mechanisms of Plain and Reinforced Concrete Elements in Torsion”. Grade: 10 (100%).
· Testing of reinforced concrete members under static and cyclic loading.
· Repair and strengthening of concrete members and structures (resin injections, Fibre-Reinforced-Polymer materials, reinforced concrete, self-compacting concrete and jacketing).
· Design and analysis of reinforced / prestressed concrete and masonry structures.
· In-situ testing and capacity assessment of reinforced concrete structures.
· Torsional analysis of plain, fibre, reinforced and prestressed concrete members.
· Steel fibre reinforced concrete behaviour.
· Damage detection and real time structural integrity assessment of concrete members using smart materials and piezoelectric sensors.
· Author or co-author of over 110 journal and conference papers (over 30 refereed journal articles).
· Teaching in DUTh: 8 undergraduate courses in Civil Engineering Dept. and in Environmental Engineering Dept., 3 postgraduate courses in Structural Engineering of Civil Engineering Dept.
· Supervisor of 1 completed doctoral dissertation (June 2019), 5 doctoral candidates and over 150 undergraduate diploma theses and postgraduate dissertations in Civil Engineering Dept., DUTh.
· Advisor of 9 doctoral dissertations in Civil Engineering Dept., DUTh.
· Examiner of over 20 doctoral dissertations in Civil Engineering Departments of DUTh, AUTh, Univ. of Patras, in Architectural Engineering School of Technical Univ. of Crete, in Civil Engineering Dept. of Acharya Nagarjuna University and in Civil Engineering Faculty of Anna University, Chennai, India.
· Reviewer in over 60 peer-reviewed journals (over 450 papers have been evaluated since 2007). Also awarded as: “2015 ASCE Outstanding Reviewer” in Journal of Structural Engineering (ASCE).
· Editorial board member of 4 International Journals.
· Over 1500 citations (self-citations and citations from co-authors are excluded) are known in refereed journals, books, research reports (in USA Institutes and Universities), refereed conference proceedings and dissertations (dissertations in Democritus University of Thrace are excluded).
· SCOPUS: h-index: 17, over 880 citations (Author ID: 6507070963).
· Google Scholar: h-index: 21, over 1400 citations.
Address: Democritus University of Thrace, School of Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering,
Reinforced Concrete and Seismic Design of Structures Lab., University Campus, Kimmeria, Xanthi 67100, GREECE
Telephone: +302541079632 updated: October 2019