Professor Constantin Ε. CHALIORIS
Dr Civil Engineer
Democritus University of Thrace - School of Engineering - Department of Civil Engineering
· June 1993: Diploma in Civil Engineering (5-year course), School of Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace (DUTh), Greece. Grade: 8.37 (84%).
· Nov. 1999: Postgraduate Specialization Diploma (M.Sc.) in Structural Engineering (one-year course) entitled: “New Materials and Technologies for the Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures”, Department of Civil Engineering, DUTh. Grade point average: 9.10 (91%).
· Feb. 2000: Doctoral Diploma (Ph.D.) in Civil Engineering, DUTh. Dissertation title: “Study of the Behaviour and the Failure Mechanisms of Plain and Reinforced Concrete Elements in Torsion”. Grade: 10 (100%).
• Design and analysis of reinforced / prestressed concrete and masonry structures.
• Testing of reinforced concrete members under static and cyclic loading.
• Repair and strengthening of concrete members and structures (resin injections, Fibre-Reinforced-Polymer materials, reinforced cast-in-place concrete, self-compacting concrete and shotcrete jacketing).
• In-situ testing and capacity assessment of reinforced concrete structures.
• Torsion and shear of plain, fibre, reinforced and prestressed concrete members.
• Steel fibre reinforced concrete behaviour.
• Damage detection and real time structural integrity assessment of concrete members using piezoelectric sensors.
· World's Top 2% Scientists for 3 years (2019-present) in both lists, career-long and for single recent year impact:
Lists of the top 2% most widely cited scientists in different disciplines. Ranking of Stanford University considered the most prestigious worldwide, is based on the bibliometric information contained in the Scopus database. Site: https://dx.doi.org/10.17632/btchxktzyw.4
· Awards of 8 published articles in International refereed journals (Elsevier, MDPI) as Outstanding publications and based on the citations (Most Cited Articles, Editor’s Choice Article).
· Awards as reviewer in 5 International refereed journals as Outstanding Reviewer, top 1% of reviewers in Cross-Field on Publons global reviewer database, Certificate of Excellence in Reviewing.
· Author or co-author of over 120 journal and conference papers (over 45 refereed journal articles).
· Teaching in DUTh: 11 undergraduate courses in Civil Engineering Dept. and in Environmental Engineering Dept., 3 postgraduate courses in Structural Engineering of Civil Engineering Dept.
· Supervisor of 3 completed doctoral dissertations, 3 postdoctoral researches, 3 doctoral candidates and over 200 undergraduate diploma theses and postgraduate dissertations in Civil Engineering Dept., DUTh.
· Advisor of 3 completed doctoral dissertations, 7 doctoral candidates in Civil Engineering Dept. of DUTh and NTUA.
· Examiner of over 20 doctoral dissertations in Civil Engineering Departments of DUTh, AUTh, Univ. of Patras, in Architectural Engineering School of Technical Univ. of Crete and 5 doctoral dissertations in foreign Universities.
· Associate and Academic Editor of 5 International refereed journals, Guest Editor of 5 Special Issues of International refereed journals.
· SCOPUS: h-index: 30, over 2200 citations (Author ID: 6507070963).
· Google Scholar: h-index: 34, over 3000 citations.
Address: Democritus University of Thrace, School of Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering,
Reinforced Concrete and Seismic Design of Structures Lab., University Campus, Kimmeria, Xanthi 67100, GREECE
Telephones: +302541079632 -472, -471, Rectorate: +302531039042, +306952011640 updated: March 2023