Constantin Ε. CHALIORIS
Dr Civil Engineer, Associate Professor
Democritus University of Thrace - School of Engineering - Department of Civil Engineering
Structural Engineering Division - Reinforced Concrete Laboratory
· June 1993: Diploma in Civil Engineering (5-year course), School of Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace (DUTh), Greece. Grade: 8.37 (84%).
· Nov. 1999: Postgraduate Specialization Diploma (M.Sc.) in Structural Engineering (one-year course) entitled: “New Materials and Technologies for the Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures”, Department of Civil Engineering, DUTh. Grade point average: 9.10 (91%).
· Feb. 2000: Doctoral Diploma (Ph.D.) in Civil Engineering, DUTh. Dissertation title: “Study of the Behaviour and the Failure Mechanisms of Plain and Reinforced Concrete Elements in Torsion”. Grade: 10 (100%).
· Testing of reinforced concrete members under static and cyclic loading.
· Repair and strengthening of concrete members and structures (resin injections, Fibre-Reinforced-Polymer materials, reinforced concrete, self-compacting concrete and jacketing).
· Design and analysis of reinforced / prestressed concrete and masonry structures.
· In-situ testing and capacity assessment of reinforced concrete structures.
· Torsional analysis of plain, fibre, reinforced and prestressed concrete members.
· Steel fibre reinforced concrete behaviour.
· Damage detection and real time structural integrity assessment of concrete members using smart materials and piezoelectric sensors.
· Author or co-author of over 100 journal and conference papers (over 25 refereed journal articles).
· Teaching in DUTh: 8 undergraduate courses in Civil Engineering Dept. and in Environmental Engineering Dept., 3 postgraduate courses in Structural Engineering of Civil Engineering Dept.
· Supervisor of 5 doctoral dissertations and over 80 undergraduate diploma theses and postgraduate dissertations in Reinforced Concrete Lab. of Civil Engineering Dept., DUTh.
· Advisor of 7 doctoral dissertations in Civil Engineering Dept., DUTh.
· Examiner of 17 doctoral dissertations in Civil Engineering Departments of DUTh, AUTh, Univ. of Patras and in Architectural Engineering School of Technical Univ. of Crete.
· Reviewer in over 50 peer-reviewed journals (over 250 papers have been evaluated since 2007). Also awarded as: “2015 ASCE Outstanding Reviewer” in Journal of Structural Engineering (ASCE).
· Editorial board member of 3 International Journals.
· Over 700 citations (self-citations and citations from co-authors are excluded) are known in refereed journals, books, research reports (in USA Institutes and Universities), refereed conference proceedings and dissertations (dissertations in Democritus University of Thrace are excluded).
· SCOPUS: h-index: 13, ~ 530 citations (Author ID: 6507070963).
· Google Scholar: h-index: 14, ~ 800 citations.
Address: Democritus University of Thrace - Civil Engineering Dept. - Reinforced Concrete Lab., University Campus, Kimmeria, Xanthi 67100, Greece
Telephone: +302541079632 updated: November 2017