My main research interests include:
Machine Audition (audio source separation, localisation, Music Information Retrieval).
Machine Learning (Independent Component Analysis, sparse basis and dictionary learning, feature extraction).
Blind signal extraction, analysis and decision making from time series.
Image Fusion, Multi-modal Imaging applications, HDR color extension.
Symmetry Identification - Image Registration techniques - Motion Estimation .
Image Interest Point detection.
- Environmental Sensing with Backscatter Radio and Backscatter Sensor Networks, RFIDs. (BLASE)[ www ]
Institution: Technical University of Crete, Dep. of Electronic and Computer Engineering
Duties: Research Collaborator.
Principal Investigator: Associate Prof. Aggelos Bletsas
- Frequency-Domain 3D structure and Motion Estimation (F3SME) [ www ]
Institution:Democritus University of Thrace
Dates: Mar. 2012 - Mar. 2015
Duties: Principal Investigator
Post-Doctoral Researcher: Dr. Dimitrios Alexiadis
Collaboration: Dr. Tania Stathaki, Imperial College London, UK.
Funding Source: General Secretariat of Research and Technology, Greece. Action 'Support of post-doctoral researchers'
Total Funding: 96.000E
- Applied Multi-Dimensional Image Fusion (AMDF)
Institution: Imperial College London, Dep. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Dates: Oct. 2003 - April 2009
Duties: Research Associate.
Principal Investigator: Dr. Tania Stathaki
Funding Source: Data Information Fusion (DIF) - Defence Technology Centre (DTC)
- Tania Stathaki, Reader, Imperial College London, UK
- Aggelos Bletsas, Associate Professor, Technical University of Crete, GR
- Georgios Tzimiropoulos, Senior Lecturer, University of Nottingham, UK
- Theologos Dergiades, Lecturer, University of Macedonia, GR